How to get all Hoverboards in Subway Surfers
One of the most beneficial items in Subway Surfers is the hoverboard. They basically shield your character from crashing, which is why you can consider them as power-ups as well. They usually just last 30 seconds. After a crash, a hoverboard will need to recharge for several seconds before you can activate them again. To activate a hoverboard all you need to do is to double tap on the screen. There are different types of hoverboards in this game and each of them has
Hoverboards aren’t just for using for when you’re bored of running in your sneakers, they should be used as a tool to protect your life. Let’s think of a good example of when to use a hoverboard. Suppose you’re in the middle lane, and you see a train coming. You switch to the left lane, and suddenly a train appears in the left lane, and you’re unable to switch to the middle lane due to the train blocking your movement. Now is a good time to use a hoverboard. Otherwise, it’s pretty much a guaranteed death. Of course, if you’re early on in the game, and you don’t have a lot of points, then accepting death and starting over is a decent option as well. Note that with each new edition of the game a new type of hoverboard is usually added to the list.
List of all the different hoverboards available in Subway Surfers
Here are the different types of hoverboards that you will discover as you play along:
- Default Hoverboard: The Default Hoverboard protects you from a crash for 30 seconds. You can purchase it for 300 coins. You can also get one via the mystery box that you collect along the way. To activate this board, tap the screen twice.
- Starboard: This board is a free gift to all users who download the game. It works just like the default hoverboard. When it crashes it will also need to recharge before you can use it again. This board was introduced during the game’s Christmas edition. It was upgraded during the Beijing edition re-release and it now leaves
trailof stars. Another upgrade was made during the re-release of the New Orleans edition – now you can purchase the ability to do a double jump with this board, which costs you 90 keys.
- Lumberjack: Just like other hoverboards in this game, this one also protects you from crashing for 30 seconds. This is actually the cheapest hoverboard available in this game. During the release of the Mumbai edition back in 2015 it received a new update, which is the double jump. It also leaves a trail – well a trail of leaves that is. This hoverboard costs 90 keys.
- Superhero: This board was introduced during the Christmas update. It works like other hoverboards. It has a comic text on it that says “BAM!” This is actually the second cheapest hoverboard in this game. Its first upgrade is called the Zap Sideways upgrade, which features lightning bolts on the side among other things. This upgrade costs 80 keys. This upgrade was released during the re-release of the Beijing edition. Its second upgrade is the Super Jump, which was added to the game during the Cairo update. The Super Jump upgrade costs 110 keys.
- Monster: This board is colored green and it has a monster-like print on the board’s upper face. Its first upgrade is the Speed Up upgrade, which was released during the Bangkok edition of the game. This upgrade costs 100 keys. The second upgrade is the Super Jump, which was introduced during the Las Vegas edition of the game. This upgrade is slightly more expensive, which costs 110 keys.
- Kick-Off: This hoverboard is a limited hoverboard and is now expired. However, it will be quite useful to know about it since you never know just when the game developers might just decide to bring it back. This board features soccer ball designs, which follows suit with the name of the hoverboard. Note that this board has already been re-released in the Subway Surfers World Tour: Rome Edition.
- Toucan: This is another limited edition board – again, it may get re-released again so watch out. It functions like a regular board. It features a picture of a toucan on its face side. This board was exclusive to the Rio tour edition when it was released.
- Lowrider: Given the name of this board, it keeps your character on a lowered profile while on the run, which helps you avoid tall barriers. Its basic function is the same as other hoverboards in this game. This is actually the second most expensive board with Windglider as the most expensive on the list. This board has handles on both the sides where the character can grab tight for a better hold.
- Bouncer: The Bouncer Hoverboard is a special board that has the Super Jump upgrade automatically with it. When you have this board on, it will be like you have the Super Sneakers
power upactivated. This of coursewill make the game playa lot easier. You can actually get the same effect by activating Super Sneakers and then using the normal or default hoverboard.
- Daredevil: The Daredevil Hoverboard is also another special board in this game. It has a rocket at the end which gives your character a boost in speed. This board actually has the Surf Faster upgrade automatically activated. Among the boards that have a special power, this is the one that is the cheapest. This hoverboard is just as fast as the jetpack and it is also as fast as the Hot Rod board.
- Skull Fire Board: This board was introduced during the New York world tour edition. It has the picture of fire bursting out of the front part, which is pretty cool. This is actually the most expensive hoverboards in this game that has a special ability.
- Big Kahuna: This board looks like an orange surfboard with a white sinuous line detail in the center running from the front of the board all the way to the back. Your character will surf the rails like a surfer on the waves when the Big Kahuna is activated. Its first upgrade is called the Stay Low upgrade and it costs 130 keys. Its second upgrade is called the Smooth Drift upgrade and it costs 150 keys.
- Liberty: This hoverboard is another limited edition hoverboard in Subway Surfers. It is actually the first limited edition hoverboard. Again, we never know when we will see it again so when it does you better take advantage of the opportunity. It has no special ability but it does look cool. It is called “Liberty” because of the print of the Statue of Liberty on it. It is actually a commemorative board for the New York edition.
- Freestyler: This board looks like a snowboard. It’s the only board in this game that has foot straps on it.
- Chicky: This is one of the limited edition board in this game. You unlock this board by collecting 100 eggs during the Egg Hunt event. During the Prague edition, this board was given the free Egg Trail upgrade, which leaves a trail of eggs along its path. It has a second upgrade, the Speed Up, which costs 110 coins.
- Scoot: This hoverboard looks like a scooter with the design of the Italian flag. It was released during the Rome edition of the game.
- Kitty: This is another limited board in the game. It was released during the Tokyo edition. It has a cat design on it and the Japanese flag also.
- Cherry: The Cherry board is another limited board in the game, which was also released in the Tokyo edition. To unlock this board, you need to collect a total of 60 keychain tokens, which will appear in the Weekly Hunt event.
- Outback: This is another limited hoverboard in Subway Surfers. It features aboriginal art with white dots on brown and red swirls. This board was introduced during the Sydney edition.
- Fortune: This is another limited board and it features the picture of the flag of Japan on a red field.
- Hot Rod: This is one of the hoverboards on this game that has a special ability. It is pretty much the equivalent of the Daredevil board. It has an engine plus fire or flame design. Its special ability, of course, is to give your character with a boost in speed.
- Rose: This hoverboard is another limited edition board. It features the French flag with a rose print on the face of the board.
- Teddy: This is another limited edition board. It features a teddy bear at the front of the board. Panda Board: this is another limited hoverboard in Subway Surfers.
- Panda Board: This is another limited hoverboard in Subway Surfers. It was released during the Beijing edition of the game. The face of the board has the print of a big panda’s face. The board itself is green in color.
- Dragon: This is another board that was released during the Beijing update back in 2013. It features a dragon design on the board’s face.
- Pumpkin: This is another limited board that will be made available when New Orleans will be the next in the game’s world tour.